BusinessObjects Board

Can't access query panel

Hi

One of my users has a strange problem… She is unable to get to the query panel. When you click on the “edit data provider” icon, either nothing happens, or sometimes we get the da0005 error message. She is using zabo like everybody else and the problem is not related to her BO user name. It’s something with her windows profile, but I can’t figure out what the problem is. has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Italo

Italo Sessegolo (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

This is probably a “lost” query panel (it got moved offscreen, perhaps) - check this entry from our FAQs. :wink:

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks Anita, I will try that. (although I have seen the minimed panel before, and this seems to be something else). We reinstalled Bo multiple times, and the problem only happens when logged in under a specific windows account…

If it’s only with one account – then the registry setting for the window for that one account is messed up. And hopefully, that fix will take care of that user’s settings.

I know I’ve seen another entry before for how to get rid of the registry entry if all else fails, but I didin’t find it quickly when I searched before.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

By looking at your signature which says 6.x version here is the registry key which can be renamed or deleted

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Business Objects 6\default\BusinessObjects\Application Preferences\BusinessReporter 

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks!!! :smiley:

Italo