BusinessObjects Board

Can BO Server & oracle server coexist in one macine?

Hi,

I’ve installed oracle stanalone server on my machine, and was able to log on to sql.
Afterwards, I’ve installed BO XI R2 Server edition on the same machine having operating system windows XP SP2.
After this installation, oracle & BO both are working.
The problem is that I’m not able to log on to CMC & infoview, when I’m doing so it is asking for XDB username password.
I guess this XDB is nothing but XML database u/n & password of oracle.
Though I dont know what is the username & password for XDB.

Could anyone help me on this?

Regards
Rashmi

rp_in (BOB member since 2006-04-06)

Hi Rashmi ,

I had the same problem but i haven’t found a reason yet . You can stop the oracle server from CCM (Central Configuration Management) & it should be working . It worked for me . Give a try .All the best .

sohail076 :saudi_arabia: (BOB member since 2005-12-31)

Well, thanks for the reply:-)
I guess I’ve found the reason. Basically oracle & BO Server by default are using port 8080, hence there is a conflict between them. XDB is nothing but XML database…which is added security in oracle to use it over web!!
I guess changing the tomcat port number of BO Server to something other than 8080 should ideally solve the problem. I’ve not tried it yet…but would do that soon.
Betq=ween if you happen to find any other solution do share it.

rp_in (BOB member since 2006-04-06)

It is recommended that the B.O Server and the Database server run on different server to avoid port conflicts and get the maximum utlization of B.O Server licenses.

More information is available at
https://bobj-board.org/t/86530

EnterpriseArchitect :us: (BOB member since 2006-03-23)