BusinessObjects Board

Calculated measure over 2 contexts gives error.

I have 3 Fact Tables in my universe. I made 3 contexts to separate out 3 fact tables which were forming 3 different star schemas in the universe using aliases.
I made a measure in the universe ,calculated over 2 columns ,present in different fact tables in 2 different Contexts.
When i parse the measure it says OK but when used it in the report it gives “Incompatible Combination of objects”

The required thing can be handled at the report level , but the client wants these measures to be calculated at universe level.

Can anybody suggest me a work around …

ssmd (BOB member since 2006-04-26)

I also faced the similar problem ,
please check out this post

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

Simple answer:
One cannot create universe objects, which in turn are based on objects which are not all in the very same universe context.

If you need to create such an object it must be created in the Reporter module instead.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks andreas

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

i have checked the “Multiple SQl statement for each context” and “Allow selection of multiple contexts” in the universe parameters…but still i get this error (“incompatible combination of objects”) …

Im not sure if it is correct or not…
but cannt we find out some work-around for this error using Aggregate Awareness…as the 2 fact tables are at different level of granuality

ssmd (BOB member since 2006-04-26)

As I previously mentioned already, the only solution is to create those variables as local report variables. A universe solution will not work.

The only other option I can see would be to re-think your underlying data model, see if you can “merge” the fact tables into one fact table, etc.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)