BusinessObjects Board

By mistake folder deleted

Hi,
I am using BOXI3.1 SP3. In my production system there was one sub folder which is deleted by mistackly that folder contains 20+ reports.
I dont have backup of that reports. While serching reports are not visible.
One more thing how can i know that from which ID that folder is deleted.

Please help on urgent basis.

Sarfraz Khan

rvrsarma (BOB member since 2010-07-07)

If you have no backups, then you have little chance for getting them back.

If you have auditing enabled you will be able to identify who deleted the folder.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Bad news. Those reports are gone. Barring some exceptional good luck and fancy footwork by an SAP consultant, there is no way to get them back. That is why rule number one of IT is “back up, back up, back up”.

If you have auditing turned on, you can run a report to find out who deleted them. If you don’t have auditing turned on (or don’t have it set to capture deletions) then there is no way.

Lugh (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

Dear All,
Audit is enable. Please guide me how to check from which ID folder is deleted.

Thanks in advance

Sarfraz Khan

By any chance is there a DEV or test server having a copy?

If they were deski reports then check this link Accessing reports that have been deleted in InfoView

or if they were webi reports which might have been created or modified in Rich client then check for a copy on local drive. Try to replicate the above steps as in Deski and see if it works (though I havent tried that yet)

And of course the more laborous way is to use your CMS repository & FRS backup done recently.
For auditor part see below link, ask your query there or do further search on BOB who deleted a public folder?

edit: checked a webI report by creating it in Rich client and exporting, then deleting from Infoview. You can still open it from Rich client from local folder and export back

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Hi Haider,
I am unable to check who is deleted that folder.