BusinessObjects Board

Bussiness Objects 5.1.6 with WebI 2.7.1 in Windows 2003/2000

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me which Operating system(Windows 2003/Windows 2000) works well with Business Objects-5.1.6 and WebI- 2.7.1. 
      We are going to upgrade the business objects version and also install the newer version in Business objects server, So can anybody help me out? I need to know it immediately. And also can anyone guide me about the Business objects server installation process?

I also would want to know what or how is the process to install business objects and webi in the server.
Actually this is the first time we are running business objects and I am new to installations. Please help me out. Can anybody tell me about installation of business objects server and how to configure it and how to install Webi and ZABO.
Presently I am working on a standalone system Windows 2000 and BO 5.1.5. Can anyone please help me. I need to do this very soon.

Thanks in advance.
ZB

New (BOB member since 2005-07-28)

You’ll find out details like this on the official tech support forum in what is called the PAR. The PAR for 5.1.6 is still available for reading/downloading. I believe you’ll find that 5.1.6 is only officially supported for Windows 2000 SP 3 – you may want to install a newer version (5.1.8 / 5.1.9) that supports Windows 2000 SP 4 instead.

You should also read the Installation and Update Guide (manual) for details.

Please use BOB to ask specific questions rather than generalized questions.

When you post a new topic, the first line of the new-topic comes up with:

Search first?  	Did you try to search first? [Search] [Search Tips] [How To Ask Smart Questions]

Check out those hyperlinks – they’ll help you out as a new member:
Search
Search Tips
How To Ask Smart Questions

The How To Ask Smart Questions has a particular section, “Before You Ask”, which says:

Before You Ask

Is there anything I should do before I ask my question?

The four things you should have already done before posting a question are…

Read the manual (RTM) or Search the web (STW)
Read the FAQ
Ask a knowledgeable co-worker or friend
Search BOB!

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)