BusinessObjects Board

Business Intelligence Introduction for Website

Hi

I am planning to start Business Intelligence Section in my company.

I want to update the website which will now show our competencies also present in Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports, Informatica and ETL tools.

So Could some one please provide me some source from where I can find some good stuff or how to start with it? or share some ideas with me.

It would be of great help to me. Thanks a Lot.

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Learndatamodelling.com

Very good website… :slight_smile:

Regards,
satya

Satyaa :india: (BOB member since 2008-04-02)

Thanks for your support.

I checked that site, it’s really very nice.

I need to go through the whole site so that I can prepare some material for my site also.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Aniket,

If you think that the above site does not have something that you need then check out some (or all) of these hundreds of other good DW/BI sites:

Of course, only if you have a time to go through all of them :lol:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek

I was surprised when seen the link you provided, its very good to see the pool of resources on a click.
:+1:
Regards
Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

If you want a website that will explain your compentencies, then I would start by listing your competencies, not start by taking information from a 3rd party!

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

For Competencies, I have already prepared… but for BI I was confused as how to go about this competency as our competency is in Informatica and Business Objects.

And Mr India gave me nice link, so I am just reading so that I can get the good content to explain BI Competency properly.

I do understand that I should not take the help of 3rd party, but at least I can work from the Ideas which I got here. And I have my faith that this forum always gives me the best ideas.

And I am very thankful to all who contributed ideas.

cashworth is absolutely correct that if this web site is to sell your service, you should be listing what you can do. You should not be listing the things that you don’t really know or understand.

If you are good at BusinessObjects and Informatica, how can you don’t understand BI? or did I misunderstand you?

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I appreciate your response.

And I feel that you misunderstood me…

I know Business Objects and my friend knows Informatica and Business Objects. So I just wanted to know the correct way to represent our BI competency on website(as experienced people are here like Dwayne, Dave, all the senior members), so I thought of posting this question on this forum .

And it’s also true that we are going to sell our services, and I too following what you and casworth mentioned, but I thought of getting some more ideas so that I can think more broadly on this topic.

Else very first link gave me good idea… Really I appreciate you guys for your feedbacks. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: