BusinessObjects Board

Bulk update of universe object's names, definition in 4.1

Hi Experts,
I have a requirement to update a massive universe with definitions and few objects needing renaming.

Can some one please help me find a utility (Excel based or Java script…) to update universe object’s names definitions?

I am aware of an excel utility for BOXI R2, R3 but not for 4.1.
I’ve learnt that SAP released java SDK for 4.1 recently (and not VB SDK) and hoping some good souled developer might have built such utility by now.

BO Version : BO BI 4.1
Univ File type: .Unv (if that matters)

Any guidance or help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

bo_daredevil :uk: (BOB member since 2012-12-07)

Yes, very much :slight_smile:

The XI3 utility that you found should work with minor tweaks. Open the VBA editor, go to References, look for anything that is MISSING, and search the list for a matching name (it should have a version of 14).

This assumes, of course, that you have UDT installed on your workstation.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Hi Joe,
U r a star…your tip saved me lot of time. :stuck_out_tongue:
As suggested I’ve referenced BO 14.0 libraries, compiled, ran the macros…and Viola…it works a charm.

Thanks Dwayne - author of this macro…
I’m attaching the modified version for BOXI R4.1 for any future reference & benefit of other BOBJ users.

Update: Attachment moved to the Post: page4
https://bobj-board.org/t/21029

bo_daredevil, please attach your modified version to the appropriate topic in BOB’s Downloads here, and remove it from this topic. Thanks. 8)

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi Michael,
I tried to move the attachment to the suggested post:

, but cannot find an option to add attachments in that post…is it because of my access rights to that particular post? or is it closed?
If not big trouble, may I please ask you to upload the document to this particular post? Thanks a ton.

No problem. I edited your last post in that topic and added the file. Thanks.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)