BusinessObjects Board

Bulk Add Users

Is there a method out there where you can bulk add users(100+) to Folders within the CMC?

toscajo (BOB member since 2002-09-04)

Yes. You can import users from a file using the import wizard.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

The question I have is if the users already exist in XI would that be or cause a problem.

Also, I tried bringing in a list of users(already in XI) to be mapped to a specific User Group. The end result was that it said that the users were actually groups!?

First of all, set up a user group in CMC, if it does not exist already. Then load the user information in CSV format using Import Wizard.

100+ users should be a piece of cake. I have loaded 20K users with Import Wizard. :smiley:

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I guess we were writing the messages at the same time.

If the user already exist in CMC, you cannot add the user again. The Import Wizard method is for new users only. To change existing users’ group association is not easy. The only way I know is to do it through SDK. If you don’t want to use SDK, you will have to delete the users from CMC, then add them back using Import Wizard to the “new” group.

If you look in BOB’s downloads, you’ll see a JSP solution for adding 4 users at a time to 1 screen.

Changing the code to read from a file can’t be very difficult. That solution (the author wrote it here), adds new users if they don’t exist or adds existing users to the groups specified.

Do you know the link or posting in Bob Download. I searched there and didn’t see anything that was relevant. But I may have missed it

I do believe we had to customize it for R3 a bit.

I think this would work but alas, they can’t give me access to the server in order to implement these JSPs

I guess I am stuck adding them 1 at a time…

Thanks though :slight_smile: :frowning:

If you are on XIR2, then yes it is possible. Look at this post:

First extract the whole list, then add/delete/edit/modify it according to your needs.
Second, export that list to the CMS.

Please try it in a DEV system first

Good Luck

Diamond :india: (BOB member since 2009-08-26)

Hi, I have used the excel to extract but it is not inserting the new users. No error messages are being given. Can you help please?

olut (BOB member since 2009-08-20)

You know you can just load users using Import Wizard, do you? And make sure the source data file is in CSV format.