BusinessObjects Board

Building another Cube

I have a report which I am modifying based on additional variables I have created in the universe.

The report has multiple cubes already and when I add the variable to one of the cubes a second Select statement(thus another cube) is created!?!

The variable has an embedded select statement in order to get to the information but I have many similar variables already in the report and none create another cube?

Thoughts or help is appreciated.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Hi di652,

Sounds like you have created either a ‘Join’ or a ‘Synchronize’ query. These are both documented in the BO literature, as well as on BOB here. (Search for these terms under BusinessObjects Classic.)

Basically it sounds like you have contexts in your universe. BO will generate either a Join or a Synchronize query depending on the objects you have included in your query. From the Reporter FAQs (FAQ: Reporter):

A Join would be used if you did have a data provider that spans 2 or more contexts and does include the same dimensions in every context used.

If I were in your situation, I would verify the results of the new query carefully. A Synchronize query does not necessarily return incorrect results but I would verify to be sure.

Again, there’s lots of information here on BOB regarding Join and Synchronize. Good luck.

Judy

JMulders :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Thanks for confirming I saw that there was a join created which caused the issue.

di652 (BOB member since 2005-02-24)