BusinessObjects Board

Build a report to show details of scheduled events?

I hope this is in the correct forum, I wasn’t sure as it seems to span more than one. Anyhow, I am hoping somebody can help me. We are running BO XI R2 and it is set up to use .NET (not Tomcat) and SQL Server (not My SQL).

We have a number of scheduled reports set up (about 200) and each one is set to be sent to a different email recipient. I would like to be able to locate this data stored by BO, and either report against it or else export it to a human readable form so that I can produce a list/report of the schedules and the emails.

Where BO hides it’s data is a mystery to me. Any web/forum searches to try to find this out, inevitably come up with info on to use BO to report against external data sources or else how to do all sorts of stuff with Universes (which we are not using).

It seems to me that if you type data in, it should be possible to get data out again… or I am being naiively optimistic here? Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

alisonc (BOB member since 2009-03-23)

Hi Alison,

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B!

Try here:-

Cheers,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Many thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it did not help me and I get a error that I am using the wrong version of the CMS. I will try to unpick the Excel spreadsheet to see if I can work out what it’s doing, or at least where it’s looking for it’s data, but I am no sort of Excel expert :frowning:

Maybe, you could use the field definitions, in the macro, in conjunction with Query builder. There is a large amount of examples, in Note Pad, here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/114640

Once again, many thanks. I will plough through that lot later when I have a chance. I didn’t realise that BO refers to it’s own data structure as universes as well as universes being data sets that you can build yourself, that may make things a bit more clear. :crazy_face:

Sorry Alison, you have lost me here :crazy_face: .

Hey! I recognise that facial expression!!! :lol: