BusinessObjects Board

[BOXIR3-FP3.5] - very big table CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 in CMS db

Hi all,
we faced this issue: the table CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 has growned too much but the number of objects is not so wide!

Some infos quering CMC:
n. objects: 808
n. users: 192
n. groups: 17
n. universe: 55
n. connection: 52
As you can see, very few objects!

Some infos From CMS db (Oracle 10g):
table CMS_INFOOBJECTS6
-> 4394582016 bytes
-> 4156459 rows

Is there any way to identify objects in table CMS_INFOOBJECTS6?
What can i delete from that table?

Or, do someone know why the table has growned in this way?

Thanks.

Roberto

rpenna :it: (BOB member since 2008-02-05)

Based on your patch level, my guess is you’ve been bitten by the Daylight Saving Time bug which causes an extremely large number of failed instances for daily scheduled jobs. Search for “DST” or “daylight” to find plenty of threads discussing this issue.

You can run the following query in Query Builder to perform a quick check and verify this is indeed the problem:

select count(si_id) from ci_infoobjects where si_schedule_status = 3

A large number (e.g. > 100,000) of failed instances likely indicates the DST bug is the issue. Fair warning: the query could take a while to run and may timeout.

BoB LoblaW :us: (BOB member since 2007-10-23)

The query has gone in timeout.
Do you know other way to check the DST issue?

Thanks

Check the history for any of your daily jobs that existed before DST went into effect. You should see a ridiculous amount of failed instances.

In CMC → Instance Manager I can see 262 instances in total and only 4 instances failed. See attached file.

Thanks

Sorry, i cannot attach files :?:

4 failed instances certainly isn’t enough to cause the CMS table to explode in size. I am not sure what else would cause this to occur. I recommend opening a ticket with SAP especially if the table is still growing at a rapid pace. They may have a tool to identify what went awry. There is also a repository documentor in the downloads section which may prove useful to find the rogue objects.

Sorry for delay…
I’ll try your suggestion to use the repository documentation.
In any case, a ticket with SAP was opened.

thanks.