BusinessObjects Board

BOXI UserList & Group Extraction

It looks like you need to have Crystal Reports installed in order for this to work. The VBA code references several Crystal Reports files.

I was going to post a screenshot of the references but I can’t figure out how. Hope this helps.

I get an error
CrystalEnterprise115.InfoStore.1 --2137210999: Active Directory Authentication failed to get the active Directory groups for the acount with ID “841250165026213482174"ADEDUS”. Please make sure this account is valid and belongs to an accessible domain.

I am assuming I am only getting this error because we are using active Directory for our security

I am going to try getting a domain service account added to one of our Active Directory groups and then set that as an Administrator and try again.

Ron Johnson (BOB member since 2004-09-07)

Looks like installing Crystal Reports 2008 breaks the macro. The macro tries to reference the newer components in CR2008 and thus it does not work with XIR2. Uninstall CR2008 and see if that fixes your ability to run the Macro.

alpha1145 :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

Looks like installing anything from R3 breaks it.

I am able to run it just fine on a machine that does NOT have BO installed at all, so clearly there is no requirement to have anything else installed.

I have run this in the past on a machine with R2 client tools on it, but have never had Crystal installed so I don’t think Crystal is a requirement. But, having R3 seems to be a problem.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

UserObject.Properties(“SI_LASTLOGONTIME”)

line of code gives me the error that “item SI_LASTLOGONTIME was not found in the collection”.

Can you just let me know how to handle it in the code so that I could do that on my copy?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards…

BO_Stuffed (BOB member since 2008-03-29)

Sorry…

The error trapping on the VBA was set to “break on all errors”; I have now put it to “Break on unhandled errors” and got the resolution.

Thanks

BO_Stuffed (BOB member since 2008-03-29)

Hello,

I am getting timed out errror while running query against CMS.

error = “CMS operation timed out after 9 min 1000440”

Is there any way i can increase time limit?

Can someone please help me!

Thanks,

BOpat :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

Hello,
This xls is very usefull, but we are migrating to MS Office 2007 Professianal. And this Macro doesn’t work with MS Office2007 ! Can you create a 2007 version ?
Thanks.

DheerJ (BOB member since 2005-10-20)

It worked find for me in 2007. It stopped working on any machine no matter what versions of Excel when I had XI R3 installed.

Strange behaviour because nothing change within the CMS sdk concerning users and groups!

BR
Sebastien

We thought so, too. But, we confirmed this on 3 machines. Must have something to do with a particular DLL or something else in the libraries.

Hi,
My problem to use the macro in the xls sheet (xls 2007) is still active. I have the following error : “Compile error : Can’t find project or library” when executing following syntax : …Sess As SessionMgr…

Correct but you need to redeploy the BO libraries every time you make an upgarde.

But I suppose you managed this :wink:

BR
Sebastien

how do I do this?

JeroenO :netherlands: (BOB member since 2002-09-16)

Huh? What do you deploy on a desktop?

Hi,
My problem to use the macro in the xls sheet (xls 2007) is still active. I have the following error : “Compile error : Can’t find project or library” when executing following syntax : …Sess As SessionMgr…
Can anyone help me please ?

Can somebody explain what I need to do to get this working again?

Great tool. Thanks!
(tested on XIr2 SP3 with 1250+ users)

ossewed :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-11-14)

I deinstalled BO from my machine, and installed everything again, including SP3 and FixPack 3.6, and it worked again! :shock:

This looks like a great tool. I put the excel file vs 3 on the server but got an error. Does it matter that we use WindowsNT Authenication? I put it on our development server and the server isn’t quite set up like our production server. I had wanted to test it on our development server first. Could I cause any problem on our production server if I ran it there? I would think not, but everyone here is always afraid to put things on our production system. Any thoughts?

katwalker (BOB member since 2007-02-07)