BusinessObjects Board

BOXI Repository Documentor

Thanks a lot for making this tool. I am having a issue when i m trying to run for a month to get th details. its wokring for a day but not for a month. could you please let me know what could be the problem.

sid786 (BOB member since 2008-10-06)

Actually, I just have one question. What is the criterion for a report to appear on the list?

I have some reports that exist in CMS but aren’t displayed in the document. I made sure that the inputted date covers those as well, that the type is all, and that I’ve selected everything that can be fetched and that the document count is less than the record limit but they still don’t appear there.

Do they need to be scheduled or any other action performed on them? Like have an instance above 0?

Also, when I open the VBA editor I can’t see properly the code you use to run the macro, how can I, say, see the query you use to access the data? I’m not very good with VBA in general so pardon me if it sounds like a stupid question.

Thanks a lot and again great work on the tool.
Nawar

nnoori :uk: (BOB member since 2009-11-16)

Have just this minute installed this and configured it against both our live R2 system and test R3.1 - and both work like a dream!

Great work!! :+1:

PS. works in both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 too :smiley:

Diane1969 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-18)

To form my question a little bit clearer, how can I get the system to display reports whose Instance status is ‘false’?

At the moment it only returns reports with ‘true’ under Instance, whereas for the ad-hoc reports that don’t generate any instances there are no results, and I’m not getting the whole list of documents. If I say that I don’t want any instances it returns no results at all.

If I can get some help with modifying this it will be much appreciated (looking at the VBA code you treat SI_INSTANCE as an integer, whereas in the CI_INFOOBJECTS table, it appears as a boolean) and again thanks for creating this awesome tool.

Nawar

HRS, quite a bit of work on this tool. My partner in crime and I have downloaded and tested on XI r3 and XI r2.
Do we have something set up incorrectly?
We would also like to see the database that the Crystal Report uses for connectivity. It appears that only Universe supported Webi actually gets selected. We would be happy to add on code if you can give us a hint about the InfoObject that houses the database name, and credentails used.
Thanks Very Much !
Good work.
Rich Zak and Parthav Shah in Dallas, Tx.

Richzaktx :us: (BOB member since 2008-12-08)

i doesn’t see any information about schedule why?

rest works great

office 03
BOXI 3.1 sp2

kkl :poland: (BOB member since 2009-07-16)

@nnoori - This tool documents what is held in the repository, adhoc report are not persistent and hence not stored in the repository - use the Audit information for adhoc refreshing.

@Richzaktx – I do not have a CR licence at this moment in time and thus have not fully incorporated these reports in the tool.

@kkl – the Scheduled information should be available! Ensure you check the “Include Instances” check box.

Sushir Patel :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-19)

HRS, when you do get a CR license, or download a CR2008 30 day eval copy, that would make your tool totally complete ! Keep us informed should you add CR. Thanks Rich Zak

Richzaktx :us: (BOB member since 2008-12-08)

Hi ,

Worked great

Thanks

varun (BOB member since 2007-07-10)

Hi ,

I tried to use this tool. i am not gettingthe Documnet list and Usage per user.

i am not getting any error also .

Thanks

usbhargav (BOB member since 2006-10-26)

HI ERICSOBJ, can you suggest me the correct name of libraries too?

However i have a problem with this VB code:

'Session Manager declaration
Dim SessionManager, Sess As SessionMgr
Can’t find project or library

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

NapolitanCustomizer (BOB member since 2004-07-19)

Hi there, Is there any way to add a filter to get ONLY the reports in ‘Public Folders’ . I dont want to see all the User Folders etc.

Thanks,
Brawn

brawnbrawn (BOB member since 2008-03-05)

get the following when i open up the utility:

“a formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references”

jgeagle5 (BOB member since 2009-05-07)

This appears to be working using a BOXI 3.0 or 3.1 repository - until it gets to this line of code in the DocumentConnections sub:

Set DesApp = New Designer.Application

I get error 430 - Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface.

Has anyone come across this error?

sunsethill :canada: (BOB member since 2007-01-29)

Problem solved.

Thanks,
Nawar

Hi everyone,

while the macro is extracting the reports at a certain point i get this error message:

Failure inbtnExtData_Click()

CrystalEnterprise115.FW_InfoObject.1 - -2147210694: 1000440

My configuration:
EXCEL 2003
BO XIR2 SP2

I’ve already changes the 11.5 libraries.

Anyone can tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

aangelo :it: (BOB member since 2002-09-28)

Hi HRS (or anyone else who can assist),

This tool is fantastic!

One thing I was wondering… I would like to customize it a bit more but am unable to get into the macro.

The Sub “btnClearFilter_Click()” is Public and I can Step Into it just fine. However, the Sub with the meat-and-potatoes of the code “getDocumentDetails_Click()” is Private and the only code I can see is:

Private Sub getDocumentDetails_Click()
 fLogin2.Show
 End Sub

Is there something I am missing that I need to do to see Sub getDocumentDetails_Click()?
…or…
Can this Excel workbook be reposted with that macro set to Public? It looks like I have the most current…version 7.

Thanks,

–Andrea

Andrea_ajs :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-27)

:smiley:
Fantastic little tool. Could it be enhanced with an extra tab extracting all users in specific groups and which authentication method they use?

Would be very helpful

best regards

N

Tiger37 :uk: (BOB member since 2010-04-07)

Hello HRS,

I would really love to use your tool, however I am receiving a Run-time error.

Here is the error message
Run-time error ‘-2147417848 (80010108)’:
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

I am using BO XI 3.1 SP2 and Excel 2003 SP3. I have Designer installed on this PC and I have all the necessary 12.0 References.

Can you help?

Ruan

[/img]

hbunicorns :us: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

@brawnbrawn - use the custom filter in the ‘Top Level Folder’ column to restrict the info you want to see.

@jgeagle5 - this occurs when using Excel 2007, it alters the chart on the ‘Disk Usage by Group’ tab, it does not affect any of the data.

@sunsethill - ensure you have access to designer and it is installed on the Workstation.

@Andrea_ajs - have a look at the code behind the form (under the Forms folder in the VB editor)

@Nicolas Henry - I could, but that would be just duplicating the tool found in ‘BOXI UserList & Group Extraction’ by Julien Bras, so I won’t

@aangelo and hbunicorns - can you disable any add ons that you may have and try again, for some reason BOXI does not like add ons like the Business Query one.

HRS

Sushir Patel :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-19)