BusinessObjects Board

BOXI R2 Certification

Hello,

I am working on the BOXI R2 platform for the past 1 year. I want to attain a certification on the same. All I have for the preparation is the working knowledge of R2 and the PDFs downlaoded from http://help.sap.com/content/bobj/overview/index.htm.

Please let me know if that is sufficient to take BECP exams for do I need anything else.

Techexecutive :india: (BOB member since 2008-04-29)

It helped me taking the 3 e learning classes. The tests are based exactly on these three e learning courses.

SA210R2 Administrating Users and content
SA310R2 Admin Servers
SA410R2 Designing and deploying

Mostly everything is in the Admin and deployment pdf but that is alot of info to study. The test asks very specific questions, not broad questions.

johnmanwaring (BOB member since 2005-06-07)

Hello johnmanwaring,

Thanks for the information. But one of my colleague once told me that there are a few other Pdfs which are not down loadable from the Help site, can help you to take the exams .

Moreover I think that the training material is not down loadable from the eLearning course…is that so?

The elearning contains all the info. You would have to pay for the class. The pdfs on the SAP support site for Business Objects contain most of the info but the PDFs are 500+ pages long and memorizing 500 pages can be tough. The Elearning condensing the most important and is geared towards the test. But again you must pay for the class to get the material.

Also…

The elearning material are not PDFs. They are scroll throughs. Not downloadable.

The only place that I know of to get learning info are the PDF support documents. I would concentrate on XI Administrator, and designing and deploying a solution. If you have hands on experience and know these documents inside and out you will pass the 3 tests.

John

Why don’t you read through the sticky on BOBJ certification and all your answers will be answered.

wahey :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-05-31)

Hello johnmanwaring/ Wahey,

Thanks for that info.

I was just wondering about the eLearning Course fee, if possible then can you let me know an approx fee for this eLearning course?

The fees are available on the web site. Just like the rest of the Business Objects web sites, this one has also been moved to sap.com.

If you take the instructor-led classes, you will get a book. Personally, I think the online classes are waste of time and money. The instructor-led classes are much better.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

I agree the reccomended courses are identical to the exam. The scoring is not very forgiving, so it makes sense to take the courses and study every piece no matter if you will ever use it or not in the real world. I was on XI for 3 years before taking exam and there are very specific questions you may not think you need to know. :wink: good luck.

maverick976 :us: (BOB member since 2004-07-06)

Hi, we have a “sticky” topic for certification questions here:

Thanks.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hello,

Thanks a lot for all the information.

I have just checked the SAP portal and I have not found any eLearning course for India. There was only one available for a different country. I guess the eLearning is not region or country specific. There is a vendor here who organizes this course but they are charging double the amount. :roll_eyes:

Please suggest.

I’ve closed this topic. As Dave suggested, please use the “sticky” topic for certification questions: BusinessObjects Certification Exams

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)