BusinessObjects Board

BOXI 3.1 Rights Issue

really need help here … i have studied alot about rights users can have to folders and explicitly denied rights takes over granted rights but im still very much confuse in that :frowning: … i mean what right shld i give everyone group ?
really confused , somebody have some link or can explain me better …
i just want to learn the best for the rights section that includes folder rights , group rights , object rights , universe rights , and global rights … will really appreciate if anyone can clear my doubts and can explain me better with examples or with some kind of link …i have gone far in BO but still weak at the rights section … hope i have explained my question well …please do reply everyone

popsolar (BOB member since 2013-05-18)

Moderator Note:
Moved from General Discussion to CMC.

Your duplicated post in another topic was removed. Please go through the Rules and Guidelines to check how to make posts on this board.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

no sir its not actually only this question is in this topic

You’re asking a really broad question and there is no one “Right” answer. Your security set up is going to be dictated by your Business Rules and Policies. Your first step is to figure out what those are and then try to implement them with as much Best Practice strategy as you can. Search the forum and Google. You’ll find tons of information and suggestions for Best Practices to follow for security. Here’s a good place to start:

https://bobj-board.org/t/119849

P.S. As far as the Everyone group goes, my advice is to give Everyone “Not Specified” for as much as possible. There will be places that it makes sense to give Everyone rights, but most likely it will simply be View rights.

ChrisW1204 :us: (BOB member since 2011-04-21)

thanks for the input :slight_smile: my BO rights issued has been resolved now :slight_smile: . Hope you will be giving helping hand in the future as well
Thanks for the post.