BusinessObjects Board

BOE XI 3.1 SP6 FP 6.2 - FP 6.3 - Comments

Hi all,

In order to obtain compatibility with IE 9 and IE10, we decided to upgrade to 3.1 SP6. (from SP3, as my concern, this is the most stable version that sap release to market )

We saw that reports migrated in SP6 (fresh install) do not show the same results in some circunstances. This happend because you obtain diferents results (wrong results) by using merged dimension or one member dimension of the merged one.

This is fixed (as SAP people tellme) in the new FP 6.3 that will be release on Dec 12nd.

My question is, is there some comments about this new version?
what should I take a look after install the patch? I mean, what things didn’t work well on FP 6.2 that I consider to double check in this version?

any comments will be gratefull

thanks in advance

DINAMIK (BOB member since 2011-01-27)

The biggest complaint I’ve heard about SP6 is that “Save to Excel 2007” doesn’t work. I believe the problem only occurs when upgrading from SP5; a fresh SP6 install doesn’t have the problem.

I went from FP3.1 to FP5.4. My original plan was to go to FP5.3 (IIRC), but there were several unresolved bugs in the calculation engine. FP5.4 resolved most, but there were still some “changes” that required modifications to reports. SAP has a pretty decent wiki regarding the known calculation engine changes. There were several changes in the “Where()” logic and with merged dimensions, so that is likely the reason why you’re seeing different results.

For what it’s worth, we discovered several new bugs in FP5.4 that are resolved in FP5.6. I’m not sure how that lines up with the SP6 track.

As far as knowing what’s different, the best source is the Fixed Issues list that’s updated with every release. I maintain a post here to keep track of the release notes, and I’ll update it again after the next release.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)