BusinessObjects Board

BO XI r2 to BO XI 3.1 migration

HI Experts,

I am looking for best compatible version/versions of BO XI 3.1 to migrate from BO XI r2 SP5. Currently, the webserver has Windows server 2003 SP2. And the new server is going to have Win 2008.

In current environment, we have Crystal and Webi reports only. And the authentication is LDAP based. Request your inputs on which of the latest version of BO XI 3.1 is compatible with the current version.

Thanks…

chowdarysurendranath (BOB member since 2012-09-27)

Why do you want to migrate to 3.1 which does not have very long till End of Life, i.e. not long until before it becomes unsupported?

I can only assume that you don’t want to upgrade to 64 bit hardware?

Dont know what you mean here?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak

We are upgrading all the servers to Windows 2008. And I am looking for latest BO XI version which is compatible with Win 2008 and the current version of BO XI r2 sp5…

Let me know if I am not clear…

Thanks

chowdarysurendranath (BOB member since 2012-09-27)

Well, I would have a look at the latest SP of 3.1 then. If you want to confirm Win 2008 compatability you should look at the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) on the SAP site.

Post on releases on BO here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/212450

When you say compatable with XIr2, there have been Webi calculation engine changes since that release and 3.1.

You will find that reports will require a fair amount of variable re-work, depending on the complexity of your reports.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)