BusinessObjects Board

BO XI installation.

Hello to all.
I have a strong BOBJ universe design and dashboard background. But now I have been given the role of leading a comple BO XI 3.0 installation in our company’s intranet. This is going to be just a sandbox for our consultants to learn.

I will need to elaborate all requirements from hardware and sizing, installation etc.

Is there any place where I can get started to learn more about this need. Also any documents would be very helpful for me to gather info.

Thanks to all.

it_guru_2006 (BOB member since 2006-10-31)

Hi,

Download the Admin guide, Deployment Planning guide and Installation and Configuration guide from here:
http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks a lot. I downloaded the guide. I also wanted to know more information on the clustering of BO servers and how to decide on that. Is there any doc related to that that you can point me to.

it_guru_2006 (BOB member since 2006-10-31)

If you can find it, there’s a very good pdf out there called the Pattern Book for Windows - that was very helpful to me in laying out a clustered environment, and it’s got some very good loadtesting numbers at the end.

I used the XI-R2 version, not sure if there’s an R3 yet - it’s still worth the read.

Good luck!
Brent

bdouglas :switzerland: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Check also this post:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

The documentation will help you understand what the services do, and from that you should be able to decide on a sensible cluster design.

I would highly reccomend going on the SA410V3 classroom training course if you want to learn about sizing and clustering.

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)