BusinessObjects Board

BO update 4.2.9

I am updating my bo servers from 4.2.5 sp7 to recent 4.2.9 - but nearly 50% fail with errors - most miss files in the wdeployment… resulting in an Http Status 500-Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
if i am lucky copying the webapps properties into the catalina localhost helps…
any others with update problems lke this? How to avoid this - the installer can’t be that faulty nowadays?

Wobi

1 Like

Hi Wobi,

Usually installer fails to complete installation successfully due to below reasons:

• Antivirus is running on the Windows server.
  • Installer, you are running from network location
  • Firewall is enable and blocking installer.

If you are in *nix platform then please check permission 755 or 777 on installer and installation directory both.

Thanks,
Brijendra

Thank you Brijendra for your thoughts…
Well they (other part of IT) strenghtened Anti Virus during the last years… - we use dedicated folder for extract, running setup and the destination folder and subfolder - to avoid too much anti virus software meddling… but we can’t stop the anti virus…
We copied the installer files to the local drive to avoid any net work troubles…
We are on windows…
and since the installation is usually working in 50% of the installs -there is no total show stopper active - but still - the virtual machines - nearly all the same config of memory and cpu - some made it some not… I don’t know why… meanwhile I split install to a) phase wise and b) web deployment later to check each part of the installation - and before web deployment I check the number of war files… if all are present … to save time and energy… If war files are missing I copy them from a working version … and I delete the catalina localhost folder to have a clean deploy - …
Well -I can say I had better times in updating Bo-Installations in the past…

Wobi

I remember with 4.2.9 I had a problem with extraction due too long paths (over 260 characters) - some files were missing - really weird issues then :frowning:
the solution was to extract it to nearly root: c:\boinstall\setup.exe (to avoid many subfolders than reach the setup.exe)
but then the install process was ok on all 4 servers. no extra wdeploy used.

Thank you Tom, well we already use shortest paths: Bo4 :wink:
and the extracted rx-Folder files nearly in root - …

Wobi

@nettu6850, your post has been deleted. Per the TOS, advertising is not permitted.

Don’t Advertise

Why can’t I advertise?
We take this very seriously. This resource is free to all members. In order to keep it free, we do not allow any unpaid advertising of products, services, resources for hire, or open positions

https://bobj-board.org/t/terms-of-service/255573

1 Like