BusinessObjects Board

BO Questions

Hi I have some question can anyone help me to solve it out?

1. When i apply break in WEBI Report the heading will be repeated. it should not be repeated. Anyway to hide the heading in the second set of columns?example

Year Sales revenue
2001 7,069,238.3

Year Sales revenue
2002 13,232,246

I don’t want to repeat this year and sales revenue in the second column any idea? :?:
Any option to hide/remove?

1. how to import 2 lakh data to a excel sheet? :?:

2. How to include outer join in the universe without ticking outer join boxes in the universe.
    By ticking it we can decide left or right out join. If simple outer join is needed without specifying right or left how can it be done? :?:

3. Anyway to solve BO universe Loops other than using contexts, aliases, making it 2 universes
    :?: :?: :?:

Thanks
BOuser86

BOUSER86 (BOB member since 2010-10-04)

1.Click inside the cloumn where you have applied the break, in the properties column you will find the Break properties…uncheck the Show break header.
Now select the Table,you will find the Display properties…check the Show table header property.

2.You cant do it unless you have Office 2007 installed.

nitin_gons :india: (BOB member since 2009-05-26)

1. Contexts and aliases ARE ways how to solve loops in a BO universe. Why do you want to avoid them? Learn how they work, when they need to be used and you and your universes will be fine.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

…so if you want(and you should) then go throught this for some interesting insights…

Cheers!

Actually i have used contexts and aliases only in my universe to solve loops.it is a question asked me in an interview. i was not knowing the answer .i was wondering what will be the thrid solution?

Just what I thought :slight_smile:

Try going through the FAQs, try browing through the helpful links mentioned…and most importantly…try solving the problem yourself before posting a question…Believe me it will definitely help you a lot.

Enjoy your stay in B:mrgreen:B

P.S. Please use more specific terms while posting to grab attention…its is very obvious that when you are on BOB you would be askin BO questions

The third solution would be ‘I don’t know.’ :mrgreen: Just you could have said, “I’ve come across these two scenarios and as far as I know there is no other way.”

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

hei in BO we are creating static reports. Do we have an option to create dynamic reports? Dynamically change the dates when it goes to next month? Does BO have the capability get the end date of month the values change for next month?
:roll_eyes:
Note point: example: we do not have specific column in the database for getting the last date of month. We are doing some functions and extracting last date from column.

In that case do we have any way to calculate it dynamically when it goes to next month? Does BO have any dynamic calculation capabilities?
:roll_eyes:

i am not able find any such option :nonod:

Try using the Lastdayofmonth() or use the Relativedate() functions…

Can you please elaborate more on the usage of the Last date of month so that so that you can get apt solution…

Yes.

Please refer to the relative dates sticky topic in the Semantic Layer forum. :slight_smile: