BusinessObjects Board

BO/other Analytical tools

Hi All,
We are using BO4 in our project. Have any of you working on any other SAP based analytical tools like Lumira, Desktop Intelligence etc? We are looking for all possible reporting solutions mainly SAP based.
Could you please guide me?

Thanks,
Poulami

poulamic (BOB member since 2011-10-27)

Hi,
What you’re trying ti achieve that’s not working?

rgoulart :brazil: (BOB member since 2011-08-21)

BO is not that much interactive like cross drill etc features are available but it makes report very slow and also unable for interactive analysis and dynamic reporting
so seeking for other reporting tools which may have better feature or some ad ons.
do you have any idea?

poulamic (BOB member since 2011-10-27)

It’s possible to do interactive reports in WEBI using input controls.
DESKI misses the interactivity, I think that Lumira is the best shot within BO.
Cheers,
Rogerio

rgoulart :brazil: (BOB member since 2011-08-21)

Desktop Intelligence/DESKI is dead… dead and DEAD. Do NOT use it, please.
Webi is by design very interactive with many features, but if you bring back a million rows into the report then any reporting tool might be slow. See here for some Best Practices for Webi reports: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58532 and http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58571

A) How slow is slow, and how large is your Webi report with respect to number of returned rows, number of queries (data providers), number of formulas/variables and merged dimensions if any?
B) And what are your data sources? SAP BW only or?
C) What exact patch level is your SAP BI (BusObjects) system running? Current version is SAP BI 4.1 SP5 with patch 1 …I believe.
D) Has your SAP BI (BusObjects) system been sized properly including optimal configuration such as splitting APS, adjusting max. JAVA heap sizes for “DSL Bridge” APS and “VCOM charting engine” APS for example?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

This thread might be of interest.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)