BusinessObjects Board

BO Login Details (Repository Table Info)

Hi,

I am using BO ver 5.1.2 and need to find when a user last logged in to BO(date & time) but not sure how this is being calculated in the repository.

I have opened a repository universe that someone else developed (and is not around now!) and see the following under the object “When did they last log in?”

to_date(‘15-DEC-1970’, ‘DD-MON-YYYY’) + (OBJ_M_ACTOR.M_ACTOR_N_LAD / 86400),

Can anyone explain??

Thanks
Rachael

RachaelC (BOB member since 2006-11-16)

If I recall correctly, 15/Dec/1970 was when Unix time began - all time is recorded in seconds after that date.

Someone has misinterpreted what that column is. If you do a Search with M_ACTOR_N_LAD, you’ll see past discussions, such as this one. It’s the last time the userid had an action done on it, such as an instantiation, a password change, those sorts of things. That is, it logs the date of the last modification of the BO account made in Supervisor.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi,

You can find this information using audit tools. Have a look to the auditor forum.

Regards

Hi,

So what specific table & column in the repository will tell us when(date & time) user “LAST LOGGED IN” to Business Objects

Thanks
skipper

skipper :us: (BOB member since 2006-08-04)

For these legacy version of BusinessObjects – None. (I don’t know about XI.) If you have the WebI auditing turned on – and if your users are either WebI or ZABO – then the audit logs have that information.

There are also macros that some folks have written or bought that capture such information for two-tier full client - but there’s nothing in the repository for it at all.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi,

Yep it’s available within Xi fro deski and webi.

For legacy release you can use third party tools like biwarehouse

Regards