BusinessObjects Board

BO error

Hi

While using full client BO a window pops up saying UNHANDLED EXXCEPTION. I am using BO 5.1.6. How to handle this error? Why this error occurs.

sumanth (BOB member since 2004-09-24)

It’s a generic error message, the call stack is what’s unique. Each Unhandled Exception is unique to it’s workflow. So if you’re getting it when doing the same thing all the time, then save the log and I guess try and talk to support…

The Knowledge Base sometimes has answers but it could also be a bug, a corrupt DLL or (very usefully) something completely random…

Cheers,

Mart

mart (BOB member since 2004-02-10)

A) Try a search on BOB, suggested keywords: Your error message
B) Start with this thread.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

How to take the log fie, when the error occurs. When i click on abort the instance just goes off.

sumanth (BOB member since 2004-09-24)

Don’t click on Abort. Click on Save. Then you can save the error message.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I am also getting the same error but it comes occasionally, but every time it comes all my VBA program is crashed … is there any way to handle it in VBA part

lalitgoyal :us: (BOB member since 2004-02-27)

I don’t think it’s something you can handle in the vb code - it’s an error in BUSOBJ.EXE. It is a different problem to the original post though, each workflow to get the error is unique. Best having a search on BOB or Techsupport for “unhandled exception vb” or something similar…

It could also be a problem specific to the BO service pack you’re using…

Mart

mart (BOB member since 2004-02-10)