BusinessObjects Board

BO 6.5 General Ino

Hello,

Currently I am working on BO 6.5. How can I find all the details about BO Universes, users, user rights, repositories etc. No one in the team knows about the details…and I just started on this project. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

raviboyapally (BOB member since 2006-11-30)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

You can download the ManagerO universe from BOB’s Downloads here, and use that to run reports against your repository.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Thanks for your info.

Do you think I can get the required information using the Business Objects Auditor. I was going through the documentation for Auditor and looks like it gives all the information regarding the Universes, users, broadcase agaent usage etc…

Any suggestions?

Auditor is for auditing activity in the system. You can use it to find out which universes are being used, by which users, and how often, etc. It doesn’t tell you what rights the users have to those universes, or what objects, etc., is in the universe.

Actually, I am afraid i cant agree with you, coz I found in the Business Objects Auditor Guide that we can get information regarding number of objects in a universe, object types, object names and ids etc, class details, universe parameters from the UNIVERSE DOMAIN ANALYSES universe (Universe.unv) in AUDITOR 6.5.

I am confused about your reply? Am I not interpreting the Guide correctly?

Well, give it a shot, then. Perhaps auditor had more capabilities in 6.5 than in XI, which is what I’m most familiar with.

Michael is right in XIR2 auditing is really about activity tracing only. And only for Infoview usage. Deski or Crystal as client applications are not monitored.

In BO 6.5. In Auditor you have 2 different things:

Webi log: This is the activity tracing of the Infoview users.
There is also a key difference in the level of detail of what you will see:
Webi reports (repots created on the web):
User, Date, Universe, Ojbect, and a few other details
BusinessObjects Reports (REP created on a PC)
User, Date, Document name (Objects are not visible)

“Domain Analysis” This is a client tool where you can send the universe file and full client report to. The tool does extract the data into a table so it can be used in a universe.

For Universes as Michael indicated the data is already available in the BO Repository.
Security Permissions, … are not visible in auditor, you can get some of it from the BO repository tables but it is not easy and will depend on the structure of your repository.

Report conetnt is not available in the repository and only “Domain Analysis” can give you some info. But it is a one of static event when you manually upload the report.

All this also excludes all the BO Full client Activity.

ClaireB :de: (BOB member since 2002-08-09)