BusinessObjects Board

BO 6.5 database configuration change

Hi,

We have decided to change the database view schema,user and password.
Earlier we had used sasprd connection to oracle 9i database but now we are switching to ellprd connection.
My question is where in all places do we need to change the configuration of BO 6.5.1 installed without the need of re-creating users,documents and universes. I believe if we set up Supervisor in Recovery mode, we would be able to create a bomain key with all existing domains.
I am not sure if that is correct and also all I have to make changes.
Please do kindly suggest

Regards,
Alok

alokkarn (BOB member since 2009-10-09)

check here

krish007 :india: (BOB member since 2006-10-06)

Many thanks Sudheer :slight_smile:

Hi Sudheer and all,

I had made changes to the configuration to point to the new database(using Supervisor/Admin/Set up as a recovery mode/new connection details/new bomain key created/changed universe and document domain repository connections to the new ones/refreshed all services.)
But while running the reports initially threw error like

Database error: ORA-12154; TNS could not resolve service name.Contact your administrator or database supplier for more information.(Error:WIS
10901)(Error INF)

I ensured that entries in tnsnames.ora are correct by trying to connect through sqlplus and it was working fine.

Just wondered was it still pointing to old connection even after re-starting all services.Well I then cleared the cache and then restarted the services.
Now I logged into Infoview, well I could find that now it is pointing to the new one,but now after running the report, I found the error like

Universe not found. See your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: WIS 00501) (Error: INF )

So I tried exporting the universe for that particular report to the repository.

Now on running the report I got the error

Database error: ORA-01417: a table may be outer joined to at most one other table. Contact your administrator or database supplier for more information. (Error: WIS 10901) (Error: INF )

I am wondering that if at all there is a need to re-export all universes and documents to the current new repository even though I have done all the configuration changes pointing to the new one.

Please help
:cry:

Regards,
Alok

[/img]