BusinessObjects Board

BO 4.3 Upgrade or do Migration

The AD groups will be pulled over if you follow the steps detailed in the Pattern Book.

Here’s what I do with my clients:

1. Configure AD Authentication in the new system and import 1 group for testing to make sure that it’s working correctly.

2. After verifying that AD Authentication is working, delete the group used for testing. This will also delete all of the users in the group. If you don’t do this, you’ll end up with duplicate users with different identifiers (SI_ID, SI_CUID).

3. Import the AD groups from the old system.

Doing it this way, you don’t have duplicates and all of your security should migrate successfully as well. If you manually add the AD groups instead of promoting them, you’ll have to rebuild your security as well.

-Dell

2 Likes

What about RESTful. I cannot get this working for HTTPS. And all the SAP documents are no help, most of them have links that go nowhere.

Any configuration help I would be greatful.

Thank you for this discussion, very helpful. We will be migrating our 4.2 environment to 4.3 shortly. Initially it would have been 4.2 SP2 P800 but given discussion of SP2 we may look for SP3 P100.

We have been directed to move to a Windows environment of AWS and we plan to use SQLServer for RDS for our CMS and Audit repository databases. Our server team asked which instance type of RDS is supported/recommended by SAP. We haven’t found any such documentation and SAP Support gave a non-answer and directed us to the 4.3 PAM

Has anyone worked an installation of BusObj in an AWS environment? Any RDS instance type suggestions? Our existing db server for the CMS is 2 CPUs and 8 GB RAM and I was thinking an instance type db.m6i.large as similar.

Also, any suggestions and pitfalls to watch for would be helpful.

@hilfy , thank you for your insights.

tia
patw