BusinessObjects Board

BO 4.1 Reports Schedule Failed Owner Adminstrator

When original owner of the report schedule was deleted, the scheduled was then owned by Administrator; these reports schedules are now failing. Are there any options other than rescheduling the reports? Or, creating new schedules? :crazy_face:

usjse :us: (BOB member since 2008-01-21)

you can edit the schedules with the account that needs to run by. make sure, you replace the existing the schedule. it will overwrite the run by

thanks

Sree Konduri (BOB member since 2005-07-14)

What is the error message?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

The error message is:
“Objects failed to run due to insufficient security privileges”

We are trying to prevent having to reschedule all reports that the deleted user created. There are over at least 50 or more reports to redo. Is there a simpler way to do this?

If we add the user back after the scheduled owner defaulted to administrator will the schedules he/she created work if the date the schedule is to run is not due yet?

Thanks, :oops:

Despite the absurdity of it, this is “by design” behavior. I had a discussion with tech support about this a couple of years ago and it was expressed to me that this is a a security mechanism to prevent reports running as “administrator” that previously would have been restricted. The person I spoke with was unable to suggest a more efficient method for ensuring that reports continue to run, other than manually rescheduling each one.

I submitted an improvement request for this. I also wrote my own program that reschedules reports belonging to users who will be deleted.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

After the deleted user schedule defaulted to administrator, we added the deleted user back to the administrator group. Then we checked one of the report schedules that had not run yet that was defaulted to administrator; it ran successfully. :slight_smile:

Oh boy! Good workflow 8)

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

As the administrator of our system I have restarted many Bobj jobs that my ID is attached as the owner now. I will be retiring in January and currently there are 569 scheduled reports in our system I show up as the owner.

I see where they will default to Admin but by design won’t run. Looking for ideas on how to handle this.

We are using windows BI 4.2 SP4 and on an upgrade to SP6.

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

Any ideas as how to script this?

Mike :hb:

Mike Murray :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-23)

The new Automation Framework can do it. I haven’t tried it myself, yet.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)