BusinessObjects Board

Best Approach to Resolve the Fan Trap

Resolved the fan trap in two ways , which is best way to resolve.

I have tables relations set in universe T1 -< T2 -<T3-<T4
T1 is Core Table contains all dimensions, T2 is Summary Table contains measure objects, T3 is Lookup table and T4 is Details table contains all dimensions

Approach 1:
Enabled the Multiple SQL Statements for Each Context
Enabled the Multiple SQL Statements for Each Measure
And then set the two context T-<T2 and T2 -<T3-<T4

Approach 2:
Enabled the Multiple SQL Statements for Each Measure

where
T1: Resource_Report
T2: Program_score
T3: Program_Link
T4: Program_Details

In both the Approaches I am getting the values correct for details but the if I take the objects from T1 and T2 or T1 , T2 , T3 and T4. The Issue I am facing is when I take the Objects from T2 , T3 and T4 tables then I am loosing values of T1 and T2 of summary. Please Suggest.

Thanks

[Moderator Edit: Added code formatting - Andreas]

Mike12 :uk: (BOB member since 2009-12-23)

Hi,

This Designer FAQ entry may help:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks Marek,
The information you have provided is good and helped me to know some new ways to solve the traps, but that information is not sufficient for me it does not seem simple for me. requesting your help.

Table Relations in Universe:
T1–<T2––T4

I have tired to resolve using context , alias but could not resolve the issue.
where T3 is lookup table for T2 and T4. T2 is summary table and T4 is detail Table. I am forced to set the measure function as Max in T2 table since all the values in summary table are aggregated,when i set aggregation function for measure to sum values are inflated or if set to none then my hierarchy is inflated(T1 Table I have 4 levels of hierarchy). Here I cannot use the aggregate aware function since I dont have any measure values in detail table as all I have is dimensions in detail table T4. snapshot attached.

Please suggest.
DesgIssue.JPG

Mike12 :uk: (BOB member since 2009-12-23)