BusinessObjects Board

BCAP Problem{Cannot connect to service. (Error: BAW 0003)}

I installed BCAP and I see both BCAP services are running. I logged in as General Supervisor and when I clicked Publications I am getting "Cannot connect to service. (Error: BAW 0003) " I dont understand where the problem is.
I searched BOB and I dont find solution for this problem. If someone has solution please provide. Thanks alot.
Taurean

Taurean (BOB member since 2005-08-15)

If you’re sure that the services have started, are you sure that you have defined the connectivity details correctly using the bcap parm tool - this sets up the necessary connectivity details to Infoview.
Also - use IIS manager tool to click on the virtual directories and allow executables and scripts.
Have you placed the bcamain.key in the right folders and defined the BCAp group rights correctly?

A good tip is to also run a report against the BCAP unv to see what errors have been written - the error codes are very basic, but more details are in the logs and Repos tables.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi MikeD:
Thanks for the reply. All the fields in parameter admin are fine. bcamain.key? is it bomain.mkey you are talking. Then it is in right folder.
Do you mean “bcapcontroller.dll” in both “Bcapublisher, BcapublisherWILink” are the virtual directories. Can you tell me more on these what to be taken care of.
Do you want me run report on bcap.uni in full client and see. I will do that and see what the outcome is.
Thanks
Taurean

Yeah - my bad, i meant mkey …
Many of us had issues with BCA Pub and my installation was split over 2 servers - i had a BO rep dial in for 6 hours and not get it right, but after some fiddling managed to keep the separation and get it to work.
Before fiddling with anything, Sergei posted an excellent quick install guide that should resolve most issues - if not, at least I will know what state your installation is in and we can take it from there.

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Hi ,

Which version of bcap are you using?
do you have multiple network cards?

Regards

laughandcry :singapore: (BOB member since 2005-10-17)

Thanks for your inputs.
I checked sergei guide which is really good. I installed accordingly. I’ve multiple nic cards and using BCAP6.5.
I think is the not problem with multiple nic cards as I was able to turn services on. Both the serives are running fine. I dont see anything wrong with my installation and everything seem according to guide.
Any inputs are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks
Taurean

hi Taurean,

I’m afraid the only version of BCAP that supports multiple network card is 6.5.2 and this version has an additional parameter called NODE_IP which you can put your IP Address in.

This might not be your problem though as the service can still startup properly. You might want to check the following as BCAP is well known for being extra sensitive to versions of other programs.

List:

1. Version of MDAC - check the registry for the minor release version. BCAP 65 only supports MDAC 2.7 i think 651 supports MDAC 2.800.113 i think. Check the par.
  2. Operating System - XP/2003 auto upgrades your MDAC - you dont want this happening!
  3. Client software e.g. Oracle 9206 client has issues with BCAP 9204 is recommended
  4. Database version Oracle 9206?

Was the following installed?
MSXML Parser
MS Scripting
MDAC? otherwise parameter admin wont even run

Regards

laughandcry :singapore: (BOB member since 2005-10-17)

Sorry for late reply.
My problem is fixed now after I installed sun JVM. Even though you asp we need to install sun JVM. Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions.
Taurean