BusinessObjects Board

BCA Exception Error

Hello,

In windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. BO 6.5.1

BCA - display below error.

Error Code = 0x80010105, Error Message = 'The server threw an exception. ',WCode = 0x00000000, Description = ‘(null)’

I went to the below search link.

Its didn’t worked out for me.

Could you please explain me more detail way, What need to do on BCA Server. Could you please help me.

my number is 305-378-3380 or 309-533-0301

Thanks for all your solutions to fix this problem on production server.

Thanks,
Moorthy

dhaksh (BOB member since 2005-12-20)

Does it happen to all the reports or specific reports on particular universe or random reports?

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Here is a FAQ with a couple of possibles.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks for the update.

We changed the universe and migrted the universe on prod, there are five reports are having problem, but the rest of the reports are running fine.

I went through the FAQ too.

I tried the below.

1. Batch timeout increased and verified. NO luck.
  2. Verified the print setting and verified. NO luck.
  3. Verified the Dcom config on security no luck.

Please give me some input.

Thanks,
Moorthy

Did you open the problematic report on the BCA server and then run the report? Did it run? Is all the five reports based on the same universe? Did you try deleting the Universe Cache file from the BCA Server?

Thanks for the update.

Did you open the problematic report on the BCA server and then run the report? Did it run? Is all the five reports based on the same universe? Did you try deleting the Universe Cache file from the BCA Server?

How did you open the report in BCA Server? Through BO full client you mean. NO ! We didn’t install the full client on BCA server.

We run the report manually on the workstation and it works fine and published and scheduled in BCA.

Did you try deleting the Universe Cache file from the BCA Server?

How to delete the universe cache file from the BCA server. please explain me in detail.

Thanks,
Moorthy

Please anyone can you help me on this issue. I am try to resolve this issue in production but no solution for me. I am new to BO too.

Any BO solution experts please help me.

Thanks,
Moorthy

When you installed BCA, you installed a copy of the full client. Run it out of C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\bin\busobj.exe

Log in as the BCA service ID (whatever that is). Open your problematic report and refresh it. If this succeeds, your problem is not with your document. If it doesn’t, it’s a problem in your report.

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

If you’re in a bind, call Tech support!

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

Thanks for the solution.

I did with the service account ID to refresh the reports and it works fine locally on the server, but when we scheduled in BCA and run the report the BCA throws exception error.

Thanks,
Moorthy

What is the userid you are using to schedule the report? Did you try logging in as the user in question to see if the report refreshes using his id? Can you post us the exact error message that you get from the scheduler?

Hello Guys sorry for the late update. I fixed the problem.

The problem for the BCA reports are fixed and it works fine now.

Resolution.

1. Login to server A and verified the E:\Business Objects\nodes\A\A_mycluster\universes\Universe\

and also in local version of the universe.

C:\Documents and Settings\User ID(login)\Application Data\Business Objects\Business Objects 6.0\universes\Universe\

are different Revision Code.

2. The Revision code and the size of the universe are different in all the cluster node of all the servers. Its not sync with the repository.

3. To make it sync with the cache, I copied the cache universe to separate location and open the matrix report and refreshed it manual on the server, BO automatically downloads the recent version of the universe on the cache on the cluster node. I went and open the universe and verified the Revision ID.

4. I did all the above steps for all the three servers using Service account user ID.

5. I ran the “Reports” in BCA jobs and works fine.