BusinessObjects Board

BCA 6.x Problematic

I’ve had a case open with Business Objects going on six months now. I am now to the second level of support, without much success. We upgraded to 6.1b and continue to get these two errors with our full client reports: (136) Unable to Open document, File is Corrupt & Error Code = 0x80010105, Error Message = ‘The server threw an exception.’, WCode = 0x00000000, Description = ‘(null)’.

It’s very intermittent but consistent, it seems to happen when more that one full client job is running at the same time. It’ doesn’t appear to be too much of a problem when one full client job runs at a time.

We are using sql server for our repository and windows 2000 sp4 for our BCA server. Has anyone seen this and been able to figure out the cause behind this issue.

jmaynard (BOB member since 2004-02-10)

I know it’s not much help but I’d spend my time and effort migrating to 6.5.1 and seeing if the problem goes away…

Sorry. Not what you wanted to hear…

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

No dice, I upgraded to 6.5.1 and still encountering the same issues. The 136 issue is still very prevelant. Still getting nowhere with Tech support, they have yet to reproduce my issue. Anyone out there come across this with Windows 2000 sp4 & Sql Server 2000?

Doesn’t appear to be a repository issue, I recreated a new one and still getting the 136 error intermittently, Anyone run into this problem?? :confused:

Anyone else out there run BCA with this setup:

Windows 2000 SP4
BO 6.5.1 BCA
SQL Server 2000 - DB & Repository

Here is a FAQ with a similar error message. Worth checking, although I think your problem is different.

Can it happen on reports based upon any universe? Are they always universe-based only reports? I assume the box isn’t getting over-worked if you say this happens when more than one report runs?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

The error seems to happen with any universe, including the demo univeres, I have tried reports with and without addins and they both seem to generate the same error with or without an addin, although recently it seems to be happening with reports that don’t have addins strangely enough. The box doesn’t appear to be overworked, the peak memory used in the task manager is not close to the memory available. The processor does spike at times to close to or at 100% but not consistently where the server seems like it is being bogged down with these reports.

Ha, it helps if I actually post the link - I’ve updated my previous post. Have you tried turning on all the usual logging options to see step by step what is happening - see if you can spot a common pattern?

This is all that I can find in the BOMGR Log File when the reports attempts to open and then run in BCA. I can’t find information on these error messages. Is there any other places you would suggest to look in the log files.

-Process #4 loading document ‘C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\nodes\dev-web-002\mycluster\temp\bomanager\BOMgr\bcs\dev-web-002_3412_1940_462_7\BCA_29030_\462\29030_Employer Loss Experience Open Claims.rep’

-OLE Automation exception details: Error Code = 0x80040288, Error Message = ‘IDispatch error #136’, WCode = 0x00000088, Description = ‘Unable to open this document, file is corrupted’

-# OLE Automation exception in open document

-OLE Automation exception details: Error Code = 0x80040288, Error Message = ‘IDispatch error #136’, WCode = 0x00000088, Description = ‘Unable to open this document, file is corrupted’

There are other logging things to do, but can you sign on to the BCA server as the user which has the admin rights then as the relevant BO user and just do a File/Retrieve from…Corporate Documents?

But I guess the report is fine, that is just a misleading message, cos sometimes it works?

Nick,

I think I have discovered what’s causing the unable to open document error. I found something in another post out here for a particular windows bug http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q142676

After I applied the change and re-booted the error seemed to go away, I am still getting some other errors like: Warning Task Interupted BOMGR 032 & Cannot Get Script From Document & The server threw an exception… Not finding much good information on how to solve those issues, everything I have tried doesn’t seem to clear up these other errors.

The Cannot Get Script From Document is a known bug, I applied the Hot fix for it, but it doesn’t seem to completely clear up the problem.

Joel

I’ve gotten this error a few times on our development server. I’m curious, are you using OLE DB or ODBC for your connection? It seems as though OLE DB is buggy in 6.5.1.

Regards,
Chris

cjweis (BOB member since 2003-10-02)

jmaynard,

We are also getting the same error and have the same configuration as yours.

Windows 2000 SP 4
SQl Server 2000 repository
BO 6.5 SP 2

How did you solve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Reema

reemagupta (BOB member since 2002-09-18)