BusinessObjects Board

Automate Object Description

Can one plz adisve me on "how to automate object descriptions in the Universe.I need to add 590 object descroptions in a Universe.

I’m using xir2 sp2 version.
I serached the forum I was able to find a macro for “Documenting the Universe” but could not get any tool for auto updating object descriptions in the Universe.

kumar23 (BOB member since 2007-05-25)

Hi,

Check this utility out from BOB’s download section:
Mass update to object names / descriptions

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

I am trying to use the mentioned utility(UniverseDescriptionsXI.zip), but it is throwing an error in GetInfo code part, Missing: BusinessObjects Designer 5.1 Objects Library, I tried to replicate this library with XI designer but could not succeeded.

Can any one let me know the exert process or changes (If where can I find the updated version of this file…)need to be done to this utility to make it run successfully in XI. I am using XI R2 SP3.
I have to update some 1500 object’s description. If this utility works for me then my work will go easy… :wink:

Thanks in Advance…

chinnu6666 :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

On the surface, it seems you may have downloaded the wrong version. The original version was for v5.1, but an additional version was uploaded for XI.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi,

I downloded the latest version of this utility, but I am facing the same error with objects library file. Can any one tell me where I can find that library?

Thanks

chinnu6666 :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-15)

It is installed automatically with the Designer software. Start Excel and do not open any additional files. Press Alt-F11 to start the VB editor, go to Tools, References… and look for BusinessObjects Designer 11.5 Object Library. If it’s not there, it’s a problem with your install.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)