BusinessObjects Board

Auditor not recognising users

I have BOXI R2 environment with 1600 + users and its working for last 4 years. Finally we have decided to use auditor after 4 years in prod aswell. I have been able to set up the auditor with tables, connections, Activity universe & auditor reports.

Issue : It seems the auditor was working initally for 2 years but then it was turned off . At that point, there were around 450 users but its grown by 1000 more since then. Therefore when I try to see reports like “Avg no of users logged in” or “Last login”, it doesnot identify the users created after the auditor was stopped. However, it does shows me new users in & activityreports like Job summary or Job Servers on the system.

Can someone advice please, how this can be fixed. Have I missed some thing.

Hope this all makes sense.

Suup (BOB member since 2010-02-18)

A little fuzzy here, but it sounds like by your last comment that you are getting some auditing from the job servers.

Perhaps the CMS server auditing is not fully enabled (assuming you are getting auditing from other servers).

V

Eric Vallo :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Ya … i know its bit clumsy here …

Auditing is enabled every where in BO for now, including the CMS.
I was just wondering how to get the users into the system, which were added after the auditor was put off 2 yrs back.

Funnily, it reflects the jobs run by these users, the reports refreshed by these users and all other activities done.

I am refering to all this information as is being seen thru Auditor reports. I have not investigated the Audit Schema directly.

Ah I get it. Events get logged only when enabled. In other words, what is done, is done.

Look towards tools on BOB’s downloads to mine info from the CMS or use a 3rd party tool to pull that metadata for reporting solutions.

V

Thanks for the update Eric.

Its not such a great news though. Can you point me to a parrticular link in BOB downlaod, as I kinda looked into it, but got hold of nothing that could help me easily.

Rgds

Have a look at https://bobj-board.org/t/89100.