BusinessObjects Board

auditing full client

Hi,

First of all, a happy new year to you all.

I’d like to know if there is somewhere on the intyernet a free vba macro addin that records full client actions (login, refresh, time of execution, query time,… ) to an oracle database. I know of the one by integra, but this one logs to files.
Or did someone has developped such a macro in-house and is willing to share it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Charie

charlie_bel :belgium: (BOB member since 2005-01-04)

There are no free ones. There are however some you can buy.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Hi Steve,

I am interested in reviewing such a tool. Can Auditor do this type of analysis? Which other tools would you recommend I assess?

Paul Carletta (BOB member since 2003-12-18)

Auditor cannot audit full-client activity.

There are 2 products that I know of that do this:

NOAD’s EQM (www.noadbi.com)

eBIExperts has similar products (www.ebiexperts.com)

Although I have experience with the version control aspects of these 2 companies, I have not spent any time lookin at full-client audting. We are a WebI/ZABO shop and Auditor is sufficient for WebI and ZABO.

We have used EbiExperts. It’s quite usefull even if the version we had had bugs.
We took it before it was bought by Keyrus, I don’t know if improvements have been done on it.

Grodan :fr: (BOB member since 2004-12-29)

You can also use the native audit functions of oracle database (AUDIT SESSION BY) on repository database. You won’t have all informations but it’s free :wink:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Anyone knows what they are charging for the tool?

As with all software, it depends on where you are and how many users you want this for.

Charlie,

I have a vba startup macro that you can use with version 5x/6x full client. It logs bo user, document name, dp types, sql, execution time, objects used, rows returned etc into 2 tables. It was written for Sybase, so you would need to change the connection code for use with Oracle. The rest of the sql should work as is. Let me know if you would like me to send it to you.

Joe

joelauer (BOB member since 2002-09-03)

Joe, if you like to share you could send your VBA macro to BOB, see instructions here.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi Joe,

I would very much like to have your macro!
Could you send it to my email address?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Charlie

Also remember that you can now post attachments to your messages as well.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hello,

Is Joe’s macro online?

cocov6 (BOB member since 2003-10-31)