BusinessObjects Board

Auditing CPU Usage

Hy,
using the Activity Universe I would also like to audit the CPU Usage on our servers. In the BO AdminGuide an Event Type ID 44 with Action “CPU Usage” is listed, but although all Audit events are switched on in the CMC we have no entries in the AUDIT_EVENT table with ID 44.
Has somebody made experience with this ?
Thanks in advance
Andy

GermanAndy (BOB member since 2005-08-23)

Andy,

I’m unsure of the answer to your question, but wouldn’t you be best using a server monitering tool for this?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

We use the HP OPENVIEW tool to monitor our Server CPUs and the CMC/SIA services.

MJRBIM :canada: (BOB member since 2007-03-23)

I know - but we don’t use any monitoring tool yet.
So I was thinking CPU Usage will also be provided by BO Auditing. But it seems not to do it.

If you are running on Windows Server 2003, you can use the perfmon tool which is provided with the operating system. It will monitor and record a number of server metrics (CPU, Disk I/O, etc).

alpha1145 :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

Thanks for advise. I will take a deeper look at it.

For all who wants to monitor the BO processes, I found this helpful BO tool:

Thanks for the link, Andy :smiley:

Diane1969 :uk: (BOB member since 2007-01-18)

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

Also a very helpful topic

For the integrated BO Auditing we come to the following conclusion:

From 89 noted events in the audit database (incl. CPU and memory Usage), BO can only record 22 (!) events like Login-Logoff, Document retrieved, scheduled etc. Events like “System Detail Added” are still not auditable !

It seems that nobody at SAP takes care about the Auditing any more.

Andy

I would agree, I don’t think there have been any enhancements to the AUDIT functions or reports for a few years.

MJRBIM :canada: (BOB member since 2007-03-23)