BusinessObjects Board

Audit via built-in feature of webi vs. audit with BO Audit

I came across something yesterday, and I’m hoping that someone on the list can confirm or deny this allegation. :slight_smile:

In looking through the audit tables used by Webi (if you turn auditing on, and audit to a database) it appears that WQY documents are captured in great detail, all the way down to the objects used in the query. However, full client docs are not subject to the same scrutiny.

So it once again appears that if you use full client docs (REP files) you are not able to capture many of the “interesting” items.

Does BO Auditor have the same limitation? Or does it truly audit full client documents? By this I mean I want to know which objects are used, when the doc was refreshed, how many rows were returned, and so on. Based on my poking around in the audit tables over the past week or so, it does not appear that the standard Webi audit features capture any of this information for REP files, although it is captured for WQY files.

Regards,
Dave Rathbun
Integra Solutions
www.islink.com

Listserv Archives (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Dave

Having sat through an Auditor demo at our last users group meeting I can tell you that your observations are correct. There’s a lot of information on WQY documents and very little on REP documents.

I get the impression that there are extra bells and whistles in Auditor that you don’t get with the built in audit information but NOT about the documents that are REP refreshed and displayed under Infoview.

Mike McErlain

Listserv Archives (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

I ran into this thread and was wondering if the limitations with tracking information on REP files still exists in the most recent version of BO Auditor. If so, is there a way to collect the same information from full client use as BO Auditor does from WEB-I?

Thanks.

Madsax (BOB member since 2002-12-19)

The latest version of Auditor still has the same constraints for the REP files as far as I can tell. That is, you don’t get any where nere the level of info you do for WebI docs. Even when using ZABO!

I have noticed a few postings in the past that refer to Auditing Full Client docs. Do a search and I am sure that you will come up with them (eg search on Audit and Full and Client)

Eddy Bray :new_zealand: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Don’t forget that you can audit full client usage if it is processed through a web server (Zabo) :yesnod: . I did experience some problems though. You can check out this thread

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)