BusinessObjects Board

Associating reports with Universe.

In my database i have deleted a column.How to capture this info and automate it to reports.

1.I have created ten reports using that table.suppose one of the column is deleted in the db.I want to delete that column in the report automatically using the VBA Code.

Any suggestions.

Rajasekar :india: (BOB member since 2004-07-16)

I doubt you’d want to automatically remove the object from the reports. Removing the object from the data provider could possibly be automated, but it likely would leave a mess of the report if that object is used in any formulas, breaks, etc.

There is a utility here that would help identify WHERE a universe object is used. It may not help in your case (you already know which reports), but this is the more typical “impact analysis” approach.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks dwayne,
Is it possible to get the objects type (measure,details and dimension) .More over this code list down the classess only .

I’m not sure what you mean by “this code list down the classess (sic) only.” The utility lists the class name, object name, report filename, data provider name, etc. As far as the other information about the object, you may find this utility useful.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks for the information dwayne,
My requirment is same as you given,But here i have written a code to capture the changes in database and implement that in universe.But i need to find which are all the reports are getting afftected because of the db changes.How to automate that reports.