BusinessObjects Board

Assigning and restricting resources to user.

Hi,

I have a user id ‘cadmi’. It has 3 instances. I have disabled a universe to this userid in all three instances. But the groups which ‘cadmi’ belongs to have access to that universe. My concern is after disabling the universe to ‘cadmi’ he can still access the universe. I am not sure where I am missing?

Thanks.

Phil (BOB member since 2005-03-31)

How did you check that? Did you user ZABO or WebI? The changes takes some time to get reflected in WebI unless we manually refresh the universe access rights. So check after sometime. Try logging into ZABO or Full Client as the user cadmi and see if he sees the universe. If its disabled for the user then its the one that takes precedence even if the group the user belongs to has access to.

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

Hi Sridharan, Thanks for your time.

I logged in onto FC & WEBI as ‘cadmi’ and checked the universe. In designer still he is able to import & export the disabled universe. Thru WEBI he is able to create reports against the disabled universe. I manually refreshed & checked after 4 hrs.

Thanks.

Interesting :blue: Can you open Supervisor and see the Groups cadmi belongs to. Are you sure he is part of only three groups? Also within each group click on the user and then check in the Universe listing on the right pane to see if he sees it as disabled. I would double check that for once to make sure its enabled somewhere else.

Sridharan :india: (BOB member since 2002-11-08)

I suspect that “cadmi” is in more groups than you think.

Look at this entry from Supervisor FAQ on how rights are granted.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Thanks for your help. I did the whole process again & refreshed manually. Now it works fine.

Thanks again.