BusinessObjects Board

APS and WACS servers not running

Hi All,

I have installed BI4.1 SP2 on a VM. Which has 32 GB of RAM and 100GB of free space. After installation APS and WACS servers are not running. They are in Starting state only.

Installation environment: Windows Server 2012.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Rakesh_K :india: (BOB member since 2007-12-11)

Are they set to start automatically? Maybe switch off and try to start manually? Have you tried recreating? Anything in the Windows events logs?

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi Mak,

I tried to Stop and Start the services manually also, but no luck. It is stuck in Starting state.

There is an error in Event Viewer.

Activation context generation failed for “D:\SP2\51047190\DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\setup.engine\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\MFC80U.DLL”. Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture=“x86”,publicKeyToken=“1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,type=“win32”,version=“8.0.50608.0” could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis

We have divided APS into 7 servers. When I stopped all 7 APS and Started one of them i got below error in event viewer.

CMS Server Watcher: server named ‘WIN_4PA3EO1DVED.APS.Analysis’ is being marked as down because it is unresponsive

What could be the issue.

Did you clone or recreate?
I understand there can be issues if you clone from the one that comes with the install?

Initially there was only 1 APS. But that time also issue was same. That APS was not starting. and was in Starting mode. So we thought this could be a load related issue. So thought System Configuration Wizard in CMC we divided this into 7 APS.

Hmmmm, don’t know if anything within this post could help you?

https://bobj-board.org/t/181136