BusinessObjects Board

Application Foundation User Settings in Supervisor

Hi,

I’ve been scoping the forum for a while know and I am quite sure I have seen a similar thread relating to this query, so if there is can some one please post up a little link (much obliged).

Basically, ive only been working with BO for the past 3 weeks and although i have the general idea of how the software works, I am yet to experience the full functionality of application foundation.

I have noticed (from what i have read from threads in the forum) that further optionality to application foundation can be set through supervisor. I am looking at supervisor and although i can see options for Designer, BO, Supervisor, Business Query, and Webi I cant seem to see options relating Application foundation? Hence why I am unable to change the options (if it is possible to change the AF optionality through supervisor). But, this leads to my next question, could the reason why I am unable to change the universe metrics to create a new Application have some thing to do with access rights granted to AF through supervisor? If so, can this be changed? How?
Currently I am restricted to use 1 set universe with metrics I dont really want. What I want to be able to do eventually, is create Apps using Reports created using Webi. How is this possible (not asking for indepth analysis, more of a nudge in the right direction)?

Guys, if you can answer this questions, I shall forever be in your awe! But any reponse is much appreciated.

Regards,

Imran

IMY (BOB member since 2005-07-20)

I know this is an old post but…

If you install the Application Foundation msi, it will add a new directory

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\Application Foundation

From there, I copied the tools/SupervsrDll.dll file to the BO bin directory.
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 6\bin

I’m not sure why I have to do the manual steps (maybe I’m doing something wrong), but I’ve been able to get to the AF restrictions this way. :slight_smile: If anyone knows a better way, feel free to post.

mverrilli (BOB member since 2004-12-09)

May read this for info
https://bobj-board.org/t/32122

BOBurao (BOB member since 2005-09-20)