BusinessObjects Board

Analysing automatically corp doc content in BO 6.5

Hello,

I would like to count automatically (e.g. query from repository db) how many data providers, objects, sections, filters, blocks, breaks, cells, free cells, … from all published corporate documents I can find in a BO 6.5 repository.

I thought querying the BO 6.5 repository data will help but, if i’m right, I can only get the data provider and data source of each document from OBJ_M_DOCATVAR ? what about if I have multiple data providers btw?

Thank you in advance for any idea !

Patrice

platinne (BOB member since 2010-02-15)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

I’ve removed the word urgent for your post’s title. Hopefully you’ll get some free assistance from the many volunteers on this board. Good Luck :wink:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi,

Everything but information about data providers is stored only in the BO documents themselves and these are stored in a binary format in the BO repository. So the information can’t be retrieved by querying the repository.

Your requirement can be achieved partially using VBA by interrogating each and every BO document in a loop. However, not all information is exposed in the BO VBA object model.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Many thanks for your valuable reply, Marek !

Do you know by any chance some examples from my list exposed to VBA?

Kind regards,

Patrice

Achievable using VBA:

• universe objects (dimensions, details, measures)
  • filters in data providers
  • report level formulas and variables (with their formulas)

Not possible in VBA:

• everything related to structure of a report - sections, breaks, cells, data blocks, block filters - maybe some little information can be obtained, I don’t remember exactly. I know that when I was interested in this problem as well that I gave up when I saw that VBA object did not provide a lot of useful information.

Have a look also at the code of my utility (DeskI Document Inspector) to see how to interrogate a DeskI document (or DeskI documents in a loop) and how to check objects, formulas, data providers, their SQLs…

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

[quote=“Marek Chladny”]Achievable using VBA:

That’s great, Marek ! Thank you very much for your help ! :smiley:

Kind regards,

Patrice