BusinessObjects Board

AMD0015 error after restoring the repository

Hi,

We need to replicate our repository under the contingency plan. We took backup of existing repository and resorted it on a different database server. After that I recovered the repository using ‘safe recovery’ option.

• But in the new repository when I am trying to do some user management activity such as add / remove users it gives me AMD0015 error .
  • Also when I export reports from Business objects reporter, they do not reflect in the corporate document.

When I run ‘scan and repair’ I don’t see any issues in that.

Anyone has any idea on this…?

Thanks in advance

Vishal

vish307 (BOB member since 2005-09-01)

Have you read this entry from the Supervisor FAQ: How do I move my repository?

Based on symptoms, I’d guess that you did not. I think you are getting cross-linked repositories because I suspect you did not IMMEDIATELY go into the copied repository (once you generated the BOMAIN.key via the safe recovery) and then change ALL CONNECTIONS to point to the new server.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi,

I could figure out the reason for ADM0015 error. It was because of one customized triggere which was refering to a table in other schema. I dropped the trigger.

Now atleast user management is working fine. But I am still getting the error regarding documents as explained in my first post.

Also can you please let me know what is “cross linked repository”…?

Thanks,
Vishal

vish307 (BOB member since 2005-09-01)

There are internal ids associated with universes, documents, objects. If you copy a repository to a new place “B”, but the universe and document domains still point to the original repository “A” – when you think you’re adding/changing a universe or object or document to “B” – you’re actually making changes in “A”. If you then make an addition/deletion in “A” – the work you think you’re doing in “B” can make a real mess of “A”. One that’s unrecoverable except to restore from a good backup.

That’s crosslinked repositories. Try doing a Search on crosslinked repositories to read past discussions.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)