BusinessObjects Board

Alternative to Cascade Prompts

Hello, guys!

I need to find alternative to Universe’s Cascade Prompts, as I’m using WEBI report build on BOBJ Query.

The problem is that I have two objects in Prompt: Seller and Product.
Every Seller can have different Products under him.
What I need is to create dependencies between two prompts, so that when User selects certain Seller, he’ll have only Products that are assigned to that seller.

I’ll be very thankful for your help, guys!
Cheers!

kitgudkov (BOB member since 2014-04-17)

I think this feature has beed desired for years by many of us but we all ended up with cascading prompts.

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)

Limited options as already described, theres a discussion here:-

https://bobj-board.org/t/146178/9

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Those options are still for Universe.

kitgudkov (BOB member since 2014-04-17)

Thats because those are the only options, out of the box, available. Otherwise you are talking SDK work.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I’ve seen many posts asking for this feature and many post with SDK as an answer but nothing specific. Has anyone thought about SDK solution?

How about something like this. Create a custom jsp page for a given report which would be sitting on BO tomcat and there would be a hyperlink to it in BI Launch Pad. When user opens this page he is presented with e.g. 2 dropdown boxes. When a users selects a first dropdown box value there is an ajax call to db and the second dropdown box is populated with specific values. A user submits a page and jsp builds opendoc url with selected prompt values from a dropdown box and then executes that url to open a webi report in the same window.

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)