BusinessObjects Board

ALL PROMPT

Being a crystal guy this is normally easy in that tool. is it possible for the end user developer of a webi report to create a prompt that functions as an “in list” or “all” option without putting the logic on the universe side? any help here will be greatly appreciated

Dan :?

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)

How do you do the ALL prompt - in the universe? I can’t get a prompt in Web Intelligence to include ALL and then the values. How did you do it?

igillis (BOB member since 2007-05-03)

This is what we tried to do:

Initially we defined a condition for the ALL and when we used it in the report it worked but would not allow us to select individual values (apparently a condition cannot prompt with a list). The next thing tried was to modify the SQL for the object with the detailed listing (LOV) to add the code:

UNION
SELECT ‘ALL’
FROM

After this the check box that says “Do Not Regenerate SQL” was checked. This allowed us to select ALL or individual values but the ALL did not return any values (seemed that the condition was not being used with this method), individually we had values returned. The final thing tried was to combine the ALL object with the detailed listing object and then use the detailed listing object in the report. This allowed us to select ALL or individual values but the ALL did not return any values (seemed that the condition was not being used with this method), individually we had values returned.

Does anyone know how to have the “ALL” return values?

Hi,

I think there is no funtionality available to retun ‘ALL’ values at report level prompt. You have to write a condition at universe level in @prompt.

Please refer the Designer FAQ for the logic.
https://bobj-board.org/t/15227

Regards,
Mohan

mohanrajb :india: (BOB member since 2006-09-13)

We already tried that. It doesn’t appear to be working… Did you have problems getting it to work?

It should work perfectly, step 1 is to include the UNION in your LOV’s and step 2 would be Prompt syntax given in the Designer FAQ. Let us know if you still have problems…

Thanks,
Kon

konquistador :us: (BOB member since 2006-01-04)

all in the universe.

The “WHERE” clause uses an "OR"statement to allow users to either answer “ALL” or choose infividual values form the list

sample

'ALL' in @prompt('Enter City or ALL','A', 'Customr\City', multi,)
or 
City.city in @prompt('Enter City or ALL','A', 'Customr\City', multi,)

again i dont want it in the universe i want it in webi else i will be altering the universe every day for someone.

LANFIELD :us: (BOB member since 2006-05-18)

I just got it to work. We needed to create both an object and a filter in Designer. Thanks for your help!

Hi igillis

Could you how you have done…?

Regards

Siva.M

looksmee :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)