BusinessObjects Board

all option in LOVs?

Hi All,

My Business Users require an All option to select a list of market names as their are plenty of names, for this I created a Dummy table with one column and made a union of market names object with this dummy table.

then is the where clause of another new object called market_prompt I used this generic defination recomended by BO:

Table.Field IN @Prompt(‘Message (type ALL for all values)’,‘A’,‘MyClass\MyObject’,multi,free) or ‘ALL’ in @Prompt(‘Message (type ALL for all values)’,‘A’,‘MyClass\MyObject’,multi,free)

–this gives me two different prompts when I open and refresh the report, and on clicking on the Values tab to see the LOVs, I see the ALL option along with different market names. On select the ALL option no data is pulled and if I select any individual market name then it is reflected in the report. I tested this using the prompt object in the result objects tab of the query panel, Does anyone has any idea why am getting this or am I wrong in any of my steps. We have BO 6.5.1, oracle 10g. Also I need to show single prompt and not two.
And if need to edit the SQl manually such that the ALL option in the LOVs selects all the values from the market name column of Stores table, then how to do that?
can someone please help me on this?

Thanks…

singh :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-26)

Hi,

please do not cross-post and continue in your original post here.

Moderator: Please lock this cross-post.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi,

Sorry about cross posting, how to block this duplicate post, could you please guide me,

thanks.

singh :us: (BOB member since 2005-09-26)

to delete the cross post open the post and delete it.

Your request is very well explaind in here

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)