BusinessObjects Board

'ALL' in LOV's

Hi ALL,
I have read the discussion box abt this topic and i follwed the indtructions they gave and now i can able to see the ‘ALL’ in my LOV’s but when i pull that column and select ‘ALL’ i dnt get any data back.It says
“No Date Fetch”
My variable is Account ,i need users to select ‘ALL’ if they dnt want to mention specific account and i want them to see all accounts.

Is there any way that i dnt create a prompt for this variable just pulling the variable in querry pannel and selecting 'ALL' from LOV?
  These are the steps i found in forum and follwed:

The steps I followed:

1. Create an object with the below code in the select clause:
    Code:
    ’ All’

2. Click on the Associated Tables present at the right hand bottom side, and select the table name(any table from which you are fetching your column and you want to see “all” in that column)

3. Suppose you have an object “Name” and you want All with this and this “Name” is coming from “XYZ” Table Name. So in this case, in the second step you need to associate your All object with the XYZ table.

4. Go to the properties tab of this object and then click on Edit.

5. The query panel will appear. You will see there is a name object. So now click on Combined queries button and then add " All" object in that combined query. Perform Union Operation between Name and All object.

6. Check the SQL, you will see

madhu@P (BOB member since 2008-08-04)

I think you need to add an OR @prompt for this

peacock (BOB member since 2002-11-07)

Hi Thanks for your quick response,
Sorry i dnt get you, can you pls explain.
An other thing, can i use the variable(ie, Account) in the querry filter of my report insted of creating a different promt for Account?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Madhu.

You could have checked the Designer forum FAQ for ALL syntax

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

Thanks Haider,
My question is do we have to do that as a predefined prompt in universe? or can we do that in a variable and apply prompt in the report level?

Thanks in advance,
Madhu.

No, it has to be a predefined condition in the universe
Though there is another way of doing it in the report query panel too

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

It is much easier and cleaner to do it entirely within the universe. If not, you have to build all of the components for the user and instruct them on how to use them. Correctly. Sometimes that can be a challenge. :wink:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)