BusinessObjects Board

ALL in cascading prompts

Hi,

I am trying to implement ALL in cascading prompts in webi 3.1.

I am not sure about the steps that i need to follow. :hb:

Please let me know the steps to create ALL in cascading prompts.

Thanks,
Antara Das

antara0123 (BOB member since 2012-05-25)

check this, If it is useful for you -

aniketp :uk: (BOB member since 2007-10-05)

Hi Aniket,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have -ALL- included in my list. But I have a big problem.

I want to cascade according to the following levels:

Enter Country:
Enter State:
Enter City:
Enter Customer:

Now, after implementing -ALL- , i should get

Enter Country: India
Enter State: Maharshtra
Enter City: ALL
Enter Customer: Customers who belong to the State Maharshtra.

But in my case, for Customer, I get a list of customers who belong to the Country India. The ALL does not filter through State. It gives ALL the values irrespective of the value that I chose in the State filter.

How do I map the ALL to the values, so that it gets cascade properly.
I am really really stuck :hb: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks,
Antara Das

In order to make this work, I had to create a concatenated value. I did it with country, state, and city as an example in a presentation. It starts with country, then country+state, then country+state+city. In order to support ALL you need this:

Level 1 - Country selection
Country
union
All

Level 2 - State selection
Country+State
union
All+State
union
All+All

Level 3 - City Selection
Country+State+City
union
All+State+City
union
All+All+City
union
All+All+All

In order to add customer, I guess you would need to take this a step further. Each different LOV definition has to include a prompt or reference to the prior selection.

I covered the steps that I used to create this in a presentation a while ago. If you download “Tales of a Universe Ninja Part Two” and start on slide 34 I have details on how this was implemented. Download from here:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually I had followed the steps that you had mentioned in the presentation.
I had concatenated ALL with the values. eg.

Country.All
Select Statement: Country.country + ’ ’ + ‘>>’ + ’ ’ + ‘-All-’

Country.All.All
Select Statement: Country.country + ’ ’ + ‘>>’ + ’ ’ + ‘-All-’ + ’ ’ + ‘>>’ + ’ ’ + ‘-All-’

Country.Region.All
Select Statement: Country.country + ’ ’ + ‘>>’ + ’ ’ + Region.region + ’ ’ + ‘>>’ + ’ ’ + ‘-All-’

Upto State selection it works fine. The moment I select ALL as state, City shows all the values.

In the PDF, slide 43. For Result Object “Country.Region”, you had taken two predefined conditions, “Country” and “All Country”

For “All Country” predefined condition, i had written the following in the Where clause:

Country.country IN @Prompt(‘Enter Country of Origin:’,‘A’,‘Cascading Objects\Country_All’, multi, free)
OR (’-All-’)
IN @Prompt(‘Enter Country of Origin:’,‘A’,‘Cascading Objects\Country_All’,multi,free)

Would request you to please let me know the Where Clause statements for “Country” predefined condition.

I am quite sure, this is where I am stuck and so -ALL- is not working properly.

I have attached a word doc and have mentioned all the steps with snapshots that I have followed.

Please help me out. I am struggling to implement this ALL in cascading prompts from the past two weeks :frowning: :frowning:

Thanks
Antara Das

Hi Antara,
Were you able to implement it? I have been following Dave’s intructions as mentioned in the ppt but couldn’t achieve the same results . Slide 46 & 47 is where I fail to grasp the process. Could anyone help me out with this please? :hb:

Thanks,
Sharath

shettysharath :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-31)