BusinessObjects Board

Align Cross Tabs to the Right

:mrgreen:
So I’ve got a master detail report with cross tabs. The two master records both have a different number of months worth of data in the cross tab (so one has 5 columns and the other has 10 columns), so when the cross tabs are aligned to the left, one cross tab finished before the other.

I want to be align the two cross tabs so they end at the same place. The column widths need to remain equal, so they would end up starting at different places across the page.

Has anyone got any ideas? This one has me stumped. :hb:

Cheers,
Paul.

pingate :uk: (BOB member since 2006-06-01)

Hi welcome to B :mrgreen: B!

check the total width of the crosstab which has 10 columns. Now divide it by 5 and use this width for each column in the crosstab1 with 5 columns.(Format/Cell Height and Width)

Raja Saripalli :us: (BOB member since 2005-12-14)

Sraj,

:mrgreen: Thanks for the welcome and the idea but I need to keep the width of the columns the same for both the cross tabs. :frowning:
Both cross tabls sit above a graph in the report and I want all the months to line up. The first cross-tab has data for this year, the second has data since the middle of last year and the graph (obviously has both). I need april 2006 to line up on all three.

Anyone got any more ideas? :?:

Hi,
tried to look for a solution… very strange that one can align two crosstabs left but not right.
Here is what I found: if you go into the crosstab format of both crosstabs, select apperance and put the Horizontal Position Relative to:“Right Margin”, both crosstabs will be aligned to the right side of the page. You will only see this in the print out.
Hope this will help :?

elsie

elsie :belgium: (BOB member since 2006-05-10)

Elsie,

Thanks. I tried this earlier and it looked rubbish :frowning: But following your post, I revisited it and if you have the sense to take the “fit to” off you can actually make it look quite good, so thanks very much.

As I fresh this on a monthly basis the number fo columns will change and therefore the page set up will need to be changed, so if anyone has got any other ideas, please let me know, Otherwise I’ll run with this.

Thanks,
Paul. :yesnod:

You could combine the help you have already been given with the standard trick for crosstabs of forcing the full 12 months in, even if not all of them are populated each month. I think we have a FAQ in this forum to help you…

here it is…

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)