BusinessObjects Board

Aggregation function amount issue

Hi,

I have a scenario where the report should show the same amount does not matter how i create the report.

For example:
Scneario one, When i created a report with the objects ID, dept, amount, # Days. The measure objects amount and # days have the projection aggregation as SUM in the object properties. But the # days has MIN() in the definition. the output i got as shown in screenshot 1

Now in another scenario, i have create the same report but included line number into the query. The output is as shown in screenshot 2.

Now, when i remove the line number, the output what i get is as shown in the screenshot 3. the amount in the Amnt column is rolling up to sum all the rows and giving me a aggregated sum. Even the # days are rolling up to give me wrong result.

My question is should not the report show the same amount does not matter how i create the report. because in the screenshot 1 and in Screenshot 3 the columns are the same.

What should i do to make the amount same in both the scenarios.
If i cant make it, why?
1.png
2.png
3.png

Achilies :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

Brief hint:
Set your #Days measure to “database delegated” in the universe for projection, but SQL aggregation stays as MIN.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Either do as Andreas has suggested, or learn about the wonderful world of calculation contexts :).

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thanks Mak, Andreas.

I tried the way Andreas suggested. modifying the measure object projection to Database delegated. But the amount column is still rolling up to the wrong amount as 4000. I believe this is the normal behavior.

And yes Mak, becuase of including the line number into the query we are getting this rolling up sum to 4000 when removing the column from the block. But is this right behavior or am i doing something wrong.

My customer has pointed out that the report should show the same amount does not matter how it is created.

Achilies :india: (BOB member since 2008-12-04)

A couple of links that may help you:-

http://www.dagira.com/2009/07/06/sql-aggregate-versus-universe-projection/

https://bobj-board.org/t/71712

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Hi,

Can you try with context operator in Webi report

Example

sum([Amount]) foreach([#days])
or
sum([Amount]) in([#days])

This should aggregate against dimension or anyother object.

Regards
Suresh

Regards
Suresh

suresher83 (BOB member since 2010-10-25)