BusinessObjects Board

Adding Valaues from Cross Tab to Table

I have the following on 1 report - Cross Tab which receives data from the Universe and a Table which receives data from Excel

Each have Samples and Products

I have a Sum Total on the bottom of the Sample Columns but now wish to add these figures together in a New Cell

I have tried copying the Formulaes from both but this does not add the totals

Please can someone advise how best to do this

PhilB (BOB member since 2008-02-28)

I guess you have two different tables in the report. One of your data provider is based on excel and others may be from Universe. Have you synchronize them on common dimensions ?

– You have to synchronize them first.
– Create a separate table(a third table) to display the sum of both. FOLD the table and format it to look like a single single. You can HIDE columns if you do not want to display them.

Hope that helps.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Many thanks - Yes DPs are from Excel and Main Universe

I have not Linked (I presume) - Both are presently Maesures - do I need to do anything here first

When this has ben done - how do I insert a New Table if the two sources come from different DPs - ie when you look to insert a Table you are promted to choose a DP

PhilB (BOB member since 2008-02-28)

You can bring the data from two different DP’s into one single table. For that you have to link the both DP’s on common dimensions. Like Samples and Products may be present in both DP’s. If they are then link them in Data Manager.

You can bring the linked dimensions into a single table with out any problems. But when you try to bring other columns from the DP’s into your table you will get incompatible error. To solve it, you need to create detail variables… and bring them.

Also check this presentation on synchronizing DP’s.
https://bobj-board.org/t/53239

Hope you understand what I am trying to say here.[/url]

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)